Isle of Skye & Jacobite Steam Train 3-Day Highland Tour45 Reviews
Discover the Scottish Highlands and the magical Isle of Skye with its outstanding natural beauty, Viking history and ancient myths and legends. Ride one of the greatest train journeys of the world on the Jacobite Steam Train.
- Drive through majestic Highland scenery seeing many of Scotland's most famous sights
- Get a great narrative via optional audio guides in 6 languages
- Spend 2 nights on the Isle of Skye, with a full day to explore the jewel in the crown of Scotland's islands
- Ride the stunning 'Harry Potter' steam train from Mallaig to Fort William (optional: only available May - October, please check at time of booking)
- Visit the beautiful castle and gardens of Clan Donald Skye (optional)
- Learn about the fascinating history of the Highland Clans and their last stand at Culloden
- Look out for the Loch Ness Monster at Loch Ness
DescriptionExplore the Highlands of Scotland and the magical Isle of Skye on a 3-day sightseeing tour. Discover an area of outstanding natural beauty, full of Viking history and ancient myths and legends. Tale a journey packed with Scotland's most iconic sights and scenery. Then ride on one of the great train journeys of the world on the charming Jacobite Steam Train. Day 1: Depart Edinburgh and drive past stunning views of the Forth Bridge to enter the Highlands through Perthshire. Admire a land of ancient forests, rivers and mountains. Visit the quaint village of Dunkeld, with its historic cathedral on the banks of the River Tay. Continue north into the Highlands before you enter the Great Glen. At Fort Augustus, explore the shores of Loch Ness. Look out for Nessie! Then cross to the famous Isle of Skye, passing Eilean Donan Castle en route. Marvel at one of Scotland’s most famous icons. Your home for the night is Portree, capital of the “Winged Isle.” Day 2: Today you will spend a full-day exploring the dramatic Isle of Skye, with its amazing scenery and fantastic myths and legends. Hear tales of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s escape against the backdrop of the jagged Cuillin Mountains. Highlights include the spectacular cliffs of Quiraing, the mysterious rock formation of Old Man of Storr, the cascading waterfalls of Kilt Rock, and imposing Dunvegan Castle. Overnight on the Isle of Skye. Day 3: Explore the south of the island, known as the “Garden of Skye,” before taking the ferry to the west coast fishing village of Mallaig. Here you will have the option to board the Jacobite Steam Train to Fort William, one of the most spectacular railway journeys in the world. Cross the Glenfinnan viaduct and see a monument to Bonnie Prince Charlie’s campaign. Head south through the dramatic scenery of Glencoe and Rannoch Moor, before riding through the heart of Rob Roy country to arrive back in Edinburgh in the early evening.
Includes2 nights' accommodation in a 3-star B&B with full Scottish breakfasts Trip on the world-famous Jacobite Steam Train 3 full-day excursions in a Mercedes-Benz midi-coach Services of a professional local guide throughout the tour Ferry across the sea from the Isle of Skye Clan Donald Skye Meal options
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old may not take part in the tour, while anyone under 17 must be accompanied by an adult
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now