Highland Lochs, Glens, and Whisky Tour from Edinburgh158 Reviews
Explore the history, legends, and magical tales of the Scottish Highlands on a small group tour to the lochs and glens. Stop off and taste Scotland’s national drink at a whisky distillery, and drive through scenic Perthshire.
- Go to Dunkeld and see the waterfalls of the Hermitage
- See Britain's tallest tree
- Tour the Highland village of Pitlochry
- Stop at The Queen's View at Loch Tummel
- Taste a wee dram of Scotland's national drink at Dewar's World of Whisky
- See stunning Loch Tay
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day tour of the Scottish Heartlands departing Edinburgh and traveling in small groups for a more intimate experience. You will take a scenic drive through Perthshire, looking at the lochs and glens of the Highlands. Cross the Forth Road Bridge, passing one of Scotland's great engineering wonders, and continue into the Kingdom of Fife. Pass Loch Leven Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. You will also pass Perth, before crossing the Highland Boundary Fault line. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, on the banks of the River Tay, visit the cathedral town of Dunkeld and the Hermitage, to take a fantastic woodland walk up to the Black Linn Falls. Stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, and visit the great shops and restaurants, or take a stroll down towards Loch Faskally. See the unmistakable peak of Schiehallion, and beyond to the mountains of Glencoe. Continue alongside Loch Tummel, and head past the spectacular 16th-Century Castle Menzies towards the town of Aberfeldy and Dewars Whisky Distillery. After enjoying a dram of the 'water of life', the tour returns to the lowlands and back to Edinburgh at approximately 6:30 PM.
IncludesTransportation Driver/guide Lunch Refreshments Entry fee to Dewars World of Whisky
- Dewars World Of Whisky is closed every Sunday from November through to April and occasionally at other times. The tour will divert to visit Glenturret or Blair Athol Distillery during this period
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability