My Guide Website?
Full Day Pinnacles Desert and New Norcia12 Reviews
A fascinating day out combining the history of Australia’s only Benedictine Abbey with the world-renowned mystical Pinnacles Desert.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Perth:If youʻre booking your trip to Perth last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- New Norcia Museum and Art Gallery: A little piece of Spain comes alive in this town, full of history, art and architecture.
- Abbey Church & St Gertrude’s College: The Abbey Church is home to one of only two large Moser organs.
- Nambung National Park: Home to the iconic Pinnacles Desert, Nambung National Park features an array of coastal dunes.
- Pinnacles Desert: These mystical limestone pillars make up one of Australia’s most unique landscapes and reach up to several meters tall
DescriptionTravelling through the Swan Valley, you arrive at New Norcia, home to Australia’s only monastic town which is renowned for its Benedictine Abbey. A little piece of Spain comes alive in this town, full of history, art, and architecture. Hear the local history before viewing the chapel and museum artefacts gifted to the monastery by popes and Spanish royalty. Visit the Famous Benedictine Community with a guided tour of the town and main sites including the museum and art gallery where you will find extraordinary artefacts dating back to when New Norcia was an Aboriginal mission. Next you will move on to the Abbey Church; home to one of only two large Moser organs, originally crafted in Germany, followed by a visit to St Gertrude’s College, a grand gothic style building which was originally built as a girl’s boarding school and opened in 1908. You then visit a produce shop selling olive oil, fruit, wine, New Norcia nut cake and breads before enjoying a fish and chips lunch and local breads and olive oil at the historic New Norcia Hotel. Then, travel on to Nambung National Park for an easy paced walk through the mystical Pinnacles Desert and see the Pinnacles from the look out over the park. If time permits, make a visit to the Pinnacle Desert Discovery Centre. Return to Perth down the Indian Ocean Drive, arriving at approximately 19:30.
IncludesLunch Entry fees Complimentary hotel pick-up from selected Perth CBD, Northbridge and Scarborough Hotels (please inquire when booking)
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- Bring a hat and your camera
- Please advise of any dietary requirements